RSS Feed for GANNETT Syndication Service
Note: Content for this RSS feed is provided as a text alternative to inline RSS feeds that may not display on all browsers.
GANNETT Syndication Service
USATODAY - Money Top Stories
- Rest easy: How not to lose sleep over buying a new mattress
published on Sat, 23 Sep 2017 10:00:02 -0400
People have no shortage of choices when shopping for a bed these days, but finding the mattress that's going to best fit their needs without overpaying requires work.
- 3 ways to scrub a collections stain off a credit report
published on Sun, 24 Sep 2017 13:02:01 -0400
You may be able to repair some damage to your scores by resolving a collections account on your credit reports.
- Hurricane Maria halts crucial drug manufacturing in Puerto Rico, may spur shortages
published on Fri, 22 Sep 2017 21:38:33 -0400
Drug companies rush to assess the damage and brace for the possibility of months of downtime.
- Amazon is now in the food delivery business
published on Sun, 24 Sep 2017 14:26:05 -0400
Amazon will now deliver food from chain restaurants like Applebee's, Sweetgreen, Shake Shack, Chili's, and Red Robin. The service, called Amazon Restaurants is available to Amazon Prime customers.
- Yes, at this point in the bull market your portfolio should have FANGs
published on Sun, 24 Sep 2017 10:45:44 -0400
Ken Fisher predicted in his July 25 USA TODAY column that big tech stocks would continue climbing. He was right. So what's next?
- The 5 most (and 5 least) valuable college majors
published on Sat, 23 Sep 2017 13:02:06 -0400
What you study matters quite a bit when it comes to future job prospects.
- Here's why Danica Patrick wants you to get life insurance
published on Sun, 24 Sep 2017 16:00:04 -0400
Danica Patrick, one of NASCAR's most famous female drivers, is raising awareness about the importance of life insurance.
- Need a new appliance? Learn, compare -- then ask for a deal
published on Sat, 23 Sep 2017 16:00:05 -0400
To make the process easier, here are answers to the appliance-buying questions you'll probably ponder, from "When should I buy?" to "Do I really need a warranty?"
- Review: GMC Terrain Denali impresses with luxury touches
published on Fri, 22 Sep 2017 18:25:22 -0400
The SUV packs plenty of power and competes against the likes of Acura and Audi
- Southwest to unveil new ad campaign during Sunday's NFL games
published on Sun, 24 Sep 2017 01:12:09 -0400
The new “Behind Every Seat is a Story” effort attempts to tell the carrier’s story as imagined by its passengers.
- Cool personal finance apps that just might save you money
published on Sun, 24 Sep 2017 10:00:05 -0400
Buzz about financial apps for handling your money builds with upcoming Apple Pay Cash
- 'Fortune' ranks Most Powerful Women in Business, from Mary Barra to Reese Witherspoon
published on Thu, 21 Sep 2017 16:26:36 -0400
Half of these women control more than $1 trillion in market capitalization.
- Forget iPhone 'wireless' charging. Try a battery pack instead.
published on Sun, 24 Sep 2017 11:22:08 -0400
Instead of $59.99 accessory to tote around, spend $80 for an all-in-one device
- How to set up a new iPhone the right way
published on Sun, 24 Sep 2017 10:35:12 -0400
Don't ditch your old iPhone just yet.
- Warren Buffett predicts the Dow will hit 1 million and that may actually be bearish
published on Thu, 21 Sep 2017 14:53:25 -0400
The Dow, a widely watched index, has been hitting records lately at around 22,375. Buffett acknowledges he won't be around to take a victory lap on his prediction.
- Many of the world's billionaires had this first job in common
published on Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:04:26 -0400
Study of the world's 100 richest people suggests that those starting in a sales role were more likely to become a billionaire.
- Equifax data breach: What you need to know about hacking crisis
published on Mon, 18 Sep 2017 12:19:02 -0400
The Equifax hacking has cast a pall of uncertainty over an estimated 143 million Americans who could be facing a serious threat of identity theft.
- Beer Man: Guinness surprises with German-style weiss beer
published on Sun, 24 Sep 2017 10:00:01 -0400
The 5.3% ABV Irish Wheat, made with wheat grain grown in Ireland, had all the weiss aromas and flavors.
- Changing jobs: Here’s why you’re never too old for a career change
published on Sun, 24 Sep 2017 09:00:23 -0400
Whether you have a missed goal, a list of regrets, or simply are bored, you can do it.
- No 401(k)? No problem. You can still save for retirement
published on Sun, 24 Sep 2017 07:00:04 -0400
A 401(k) can be replicated with other methods of saving.
- No, bitcoin isn't going to replace gold as a safe haven investment
published on Sat, 23 Sep 2017 15:02:07 -0400
The idea that bitcoin will become the preferred safe-haven investment instead of gold is almost laughable.
- 3 steps to figure out how much mortgage you can afford
published on Sat, 23 Sep 2017 14:00:06 -0400
The mortgage borrowing guideline of 28% is really meant to be a lending guideline. The amount you should borrow is not the same as the amount you can borrow.
- Boeing lands blockbuster Dreamliner deal from Turkish worth up to $11 billion
published on Sat, 23 Sep 2017 13:32:01 -0400
The deal that would worth a whopping $11 billion at list prices, though airlines typically negotiate significant discounts on such orders.
- Where should you retire? These 5 factors will help you decide
published on Sat, 23 Sep 2017 11:02:01 -0400
Your choice of retirement location will affect how big a nest egg you need, your health, and even your legacy, so choose thoughtfully.
- How to keep in the best mental/physical shape when you’re always working
published on Sat, 23 Sep 2017 09:02:02 -0400
Here are a few ways to make better choices and stay (or get) healthy — even at the office.
- Why you should pay off these 3 debts before you retire
published on Sat, 23 Sep 2017 08:02:35 -0400
One of these debts is going to surprise you.
- 6 states that are most likely to tax your Social Security income
published on Sat, 23 Sep 2017 08:02:16 -0400
Though 13 states tax Social Security benefits, seven have pretty generous exemption levels.
- Financial preparation can help you weather all types of life storms
published on Sat, 23 Sep 2017 07:00:02 -0400
Just as those affected by hurricanes are hit by cash flow crises, so are people everyday who aren’t financially prepared for what life throws at them.
- A Foolish Take: America's favorite meat is beef, by far
published on Sat, 23 Sep 2017 06:32:02 -0400
Americans spend more on beef each year than any other type of meat.
- Stunning concept cars come to Frankfurt
published on Fri, 22 Sep 2017 18:14:55 -0400
- GMC Terrain Denali offers bold SUV styling
published on Fri, 22 Sep 2017 17:39:04 -0400
- This is the best deal we've ever seen on a 4K OLED TV
published on Fri, 22 Sep 2017 16:43:52 -0400
This is a Black Friday-level steal.
- T-Mobile, sprint close to a deal
published on Fri, 22 Sep 2017 16:26:47 -0400
T-Mobile US is close to agreeinging on tentative terms on a deal to merge with Sprint, sources told Reuters. Fred Katayama reports. Video provided by Reuters
- When nearly everything's a winner, gold investors get antsy
published on Fri, 22 Sep 2017 16:00:04 -0400
A big part of why many investors are buying gold is that they're worried other investments, such as stocks and bonds, which are due for a drop.
- Health care stocks surge after Sen. McCain withdraws support for GOP bill
published on Fri, 22 Sep 2017 16:31:19 -0400
Health care stocks climbed 0.5% from session lows to attempt slight gains in afternoon trade after Sen. John McCain withdrew support for GOP health care bill.
- The Frankfurt Motor Show: Amazing vehicles
published on Tue, 12 Sep 2017 08:46:39 -0400
- Airbus says North American airlines now flying 1,500 of its jets
published on Fri, 22 Sep 2017 15:27:58 -0400
The milestone was celebrated at the company's Mobile, Ala., assembly line with a brand new American Airlines A321 jet.
- Company fires employees who didn't work during Irma. Then, rehires them
published on Fri, 22 Sep 2017 15:24:33 -0400
The largest employer in Lee County, Fla., is scrambling to rehire the employees it released.
- At 35, a young dad strives to save $4,000 a month
published on Tue, 19 Sep 2017 13:17:59 -0400
Adam Ligman, who works in sales, says the 'extras' can wait, but savings won't.
- 12 facts the Social Security Administration wants you to know
published on Tue, 5 Sep 2017 16:28:15 -0400
Social Security probably covers a lot more than you realize.
- Jeep tops Cars.com list of American-made vehicles, ousting Toyota
published on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 07:41:17 -0400
Two Jeep sport-utility vehicles assembled in Ohio topped the Cars.com list of most American-made vehicles in a shakeup for the closely followed index.
- 10 new cars you can buy for less than $300 a month
published on Wed, 26 Jul 2017 10:15:06 -0400
Here are the top 10 cars you can buy for $300 a month or less, according to GOBankingRates, proving you don't have to break the bank to own a new car.
- 401(k)s are broken. Here's how to fix them.
published on Sun, 10 Sep 2017 07:00:09 -0400
The right incentives could make people better savers.
- Sears, J.C. Penney, Kmart, Macy's: These retailers are closing stores in 2017
published on Fri, 7 Jul 2017 15:30:13 -0400
A look at the top retailers that have announced store closings in 2017.
- Small business: I'll drink to that. Rhonda Abrams on the best wines under $10
published on Thu, 23 Feb 2017 12:57:11 -0500
If you’re like me, you’d like to help support a fellow small business owner, choosing a pleasurable wine from a small winery at an affordable price.
- Warren Buffett gave away this much of his wealth in the past 10 years
published on Tue, 11 Jul 2017 16:10:01 -0400
He vowed to give away most of his fortune. He wasn't kidding.
- When is a Roth IRA better for you than a traditional IRA?
published on Mon, 6 Mar 2017 16:57:00 -0500
The debate over Roth vs. Traditional IRA comes down to 2 things: Flexibility and taxes.
- Prince William tours McLaren sports car factory
published on Fri, 15 Sep 2017 14:23:46 -0400
- Toyota, the Japanese giant keeps growing in U.S.
published on Tue, 12 Sep 2017 21:06:45 -0400
- Ford: An iconic company past and present
published on Tue, 12 Sep 2017 20:34:04 -0400
- Tesla: An innovator faces competition
published on Tue, 12 Sep 2017 14:59:03 -0400
- Volkswagen’s electric I.D. Crozz
published on Mon, 11 Sep 2017 13:20:58 -0400