RSS Feed for GANNETT Syndication Service
Note: Content for this RSS feed is provided as a text alternative to inline RSS feeds that may not display on all browsers.
GANNETT Syndication Service
USATODAY - Money Top Stories
- KFC is suffering from a chicken shortage in the U.K. Yes, you read that right.
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 17:03:08 -0500
KFC is engulfed in a crisis in the U.K., where about two-thirds of its restaurants are temporarily closed amid delivery challenges.
- Can the new Crock Pot multi cooker beat the Internet's favorite Instant Pot
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 18:21:26 -0500
Crock Pot, the company that's synonymous with slow cookers, has launched a new multi-cooker to compete with the Instant Pot. But is the Crock Pot any good?
- 4 signs you shouldn't do your own tax return
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 18:21:10 -0500
Got a complicated tax situation? Hiring a pro could be the best tax reduction trick of all
- Stocks extend global recovery, dividends up too
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 18:09:12 -0500
World stocks were set for a sixth session of gains on Monday, extending a recovery from a selloff sparked by fears of creeping inflation and higher borrowing costs. As Sonia Legg reports, global dividends also rose 7.7 percent to an all-time high of $1.25 trillion last year boosted by a buoyant world economy and rising corporate confidence. Video provided by Reuters
- Japan urges U.S. to make careful steel trade ruling
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 18:07:06 -0500
Japan's steel industry has criticised President Trump’s plan to impose curbs on steel imports, saying it violates the principles of free trade. As Ciara Lee reports, it’s calling for Washington to make a careful and appropriate decision. Video provided by Reuters
- Red Bull unveil their 2018 F1 car
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 18:02:24 -0500
Red Bull give the first glimpse of their car for the 2018 Formula One season Video provided by Reuters
- India closes bank branch at heart of fraud, shares slide
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 18:01:12 -0500
Indian investigators have closed down a branch of a state-run bank that is at the heart of a $1.77 billion fraud and questioned more of its employees as they probed the biggest scam in the country's banking history. As Kate King reports it's left investors shaken, and wiped more than a quarter off Punjab National Bank's market value. Video provided by Reuters
- Latvian PM says central bank chief should resign
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 17:59:48 -0500
The head of Latvia’s central bank should resign following his detention by the anti-corruption agency, Prime Minister Maris Kucinskis said on Monday. As Ciara Lee reports, it comes after Latvia’s Corruption Prevention and Combating Bureau detained Governor Ilmars Rimsevics on Saturday after searching his house and office. Video provided by Reuters
- Russian banks attacked by activists in Ukraine's capital
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 17:56:31 -0500
Dozens of activists have vandalised Russian banks and a federal agency in Kiev, hurling stones and bottles. Rough Cut (No Reporter Narration) Video provided by Reuters
- Juuling is a trend popular with kids. What does it mean to juul?
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 17:07:37 -0500
Looks like a USB. Works like a vape device. Most adults don't know what it is.
- You can get the best affordable robot vacuum for an amazing price right now
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 16:22:36 -0500
The iLife A4s, our best affordable robot vacuum, is under $200 with an Amazon coupon.
- Buying a new car? Here are the four best deals
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 16:23:58 -0500
Three are SUVs, the most popular body style
- Sam's Club expanded free shipping could be a boon to FedEx
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 15:30:32 -0500
FedEx is well positioned to take advantage of the free shipping wars
- 3 reasons to choose credit over debit — and when not to
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 15:00:21 -0500
Most Americans are more likely to choose debit over a credit for everyday purchases.
- Los Angeles, Moscow, New York top list of world’s most gridlocked cities
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 15:00:35 -0500
In a new study, Los Angeles topped the list as the most traffic-congested city in the world. Four other U.S. cities made the list, as did London and Paris.
- Craft beer, whiskey producers hail giant excise tax cut
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 14:57:34 -0500
Supporters hope brewers and distillers pour the savings back into the businesses
- How safe is Social Security?
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 13:02:01 -0500
Social Security is stronger than most people think, but benefits might shrink anyway.
- Michigan's Consumers Energy to stop burning coal by 2040
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 12:25:14 -0500
Consumers Energy will phase out electricity production from coal by 2040 to slash emissions of heat-trapping gases that cause global warming.
- The best affordable robot vacuums of 2018
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 11:52:51 -0500
Get your floors clean and save money doing it
- Indian’s latest Scout: It’s not a chopper, it’s a Bobber
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 10:15:45 -0500
The Indian Scout Bobber is an eye-catching motorcycle with a style based on the classic minimalist performance bikes of the ’40s and ’50s
- Why credit card debt can be bad for your health
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 10:00:04 -0500
To avoid rising debt, good credit card management comes down to paying your monthly bill in full and on time.
- 7 most expensive colleges in the U.S. in 2018
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 09:43:37 -0500
When choosing a college, price is often a big factor. Here are seven of the most expensive colleges in the U.S. that can help with making a decision.
- These are the best 4 Amazon deals for Presidents Day
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 09:18:19 -0500
This Presidents Day, you can find loads of Amazon deals on everything from instant Pots to mattresses, chef's knives, and Bluetooth speakers.
- Q&A: Ken Chenault, former CEO of American Express
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 09:09:09 -0500
Kenneth Chenault talked about the new tax law, being a black CEO, and what greater competition means for American Express.
- How to prepare your kids for career success
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 09:02:01 -0500
As a parent, there is plenty you can do to help set them up for their best shot at success.
- Warren Buffett to release his shareholder letter on Saturday
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 08:46:52 -0500
Investor Warren Buffett will release his annual letter to Berkshire Hathaway shareholders on Saturday.
- What to do if you really, really need your tax refund fast
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 09:05:38 -0500
Here’s how to get your refund fast, then use it to build a savings account.
- L.L. Bean just killed its lifetime return policy -- is Costco next?
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 08:39:08 -0500
Not all retailers are created equal, and the wholesale giant has a secret weapon.
- A growing percentage of Millennials have absolutely nothing saved
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 08:29:58 -0500
While some Millennials are increasingly proving to be savvy savers, many other young people are not making progress at holding onto their cash.
- Least livable: Worst county, by state, to live in
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 08:29:36 -0500
In nearly every state in the nation, there is at least one county where social and economic measures reflect an extremely poor quality of life.
- Bitcoin price broke through $11,000 for first time since January
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 08:24:27 -0500
Bitcoin broke through the $11,000 mark over the weekend for the first time since January. Fears over tighter regulation appear to have subsided.
- Buffett wins 10-year, $1M bet with hedge fund managers
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 08:23:54 -0500
On Friday, a couple of money managers with Protégé Partners LLC were in Omaha to pay up. More than $2 million is now going to Girls Inc. of Omaha.
- Dow Theory shows market turmoil isn't signaling a coming crash
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 11:12:27 -0500
Currently, followers of the Dow Theory are giving the stock market the benefit of the doubt.
- Does the Fed really expect faster rate hikes?
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 07:00:02 -0500
Federal Reserve meeting minutes highlight a light week of economic news.
- This $2,000 expense could blindside homebuyers
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 07:00:02 -0500
Six in 10 homeowners use at least one recurring provider of maintenance services.
- Square Root plants bright lights, big cities farms
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 00:29:58 -0500
- Harley-Davidson still to close Kansas City plant despite Missouri delegation plea
published on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 14:01:56 -0500
Missouri's congressional delegation reminds Harley-Davidson of the millions of dollars in incentives state and local taxpayers gave the company.
- 15 cars and trucks going away in 2018
published on Fri, 29 Dec 2017 12:13:53 -0500
Among the unlucky models are minivans, tiny cars and some former big sellers.
- How to start taming your budget-busting bills
published on Tue, 9 Jan 2018 10:01:28 -0500
What can you do to make sure you have enough money each month to not only pay your bills but also save for your future? Start by creating a budget.
- Shocking electric bill? Free changes can help you cut costs, save money
published on Fri, 12 Jan 2018 18:00:40 -0500
Electric bills are kind of a mystery, but there's plenty of big and small changes families can make that will cut energy consumption and save money.
- Five steps to cutting your expensive cable TV bill
published on Fri, 12 Jan 2018 17:59:14 -0500
Tired of paying too much for cable TV? Here's five easy ways to start cutting your bill down to size.
- How we saved for our $20,000 retirement dream vacation
published on Tue, 14 Nov 2017 18:18:08 -0500
Shirley and Dan Frye's retirement planning included a line item for adventure
- 10 banks consumers complain about the most
published on Tue, 9 Jan 2018 11:29:37 -0500
The most common complaint categories in order were related to: mortgages, debt collection, credit reporting, credit card, bank accounts or service.
- Planning a purchase? How to car shop at an auto show
published on Sat, 10 Feb 2018 11:00:08 -0500
It's fun to wander an auto show, ogling the new models. But you also can put the event to a more pragmatic use: planning your next car purchase.
- Small business: I'll drink to that. Rhonda Abrams on the best wines under $10
published on Thu, 23 Feb 2017 12:57:11 -0500
If you’re like me, you’d like to help support a fellow small business owner, choosing a pleasurable wine from a small winery at an affordable price.
- Sears, J.C. Penney, Kmart, Macy's: These retailers are closing stores in 2017
published on Fri, 7 Jul 2017 15:30:13 -0400
A look at the top retailers that have announced store closings in 2017.
- Worst county to live in every state
published on Fri, 16 Feb 2018 09:29:09 -0500
- Financial security: Best (and worst) states to grow old in
published on Wed, 14 Feb 2018 09:45:56 -0500
- 2019 BMW X4
published on Wed, 14 Feb 2018 08:54:11 -0500
- Diamonds add sparkle for the rich and famous
published on Mon, 12 Feb 2018 12:05:56 -0500
- Toyota shows off its new toughest trail trucks
published on Thu, 8 Feb 2018 18:51:08 -0500